Adjusting to new circumstances
It takes time to adjust to new circumstances. Last Tuesday I arrived at midday to the farm. I had driven almost 8 hours, including crossing an international border. I had followed Google Map to get me to my destination. After I arrived, I was being introduced to the farm animals and the farm itself. It was my first time visiting. These introductions included meeting the chickens, ducks, dogs and donkeys. All of these encounters were new to me. After 3 days I was left to look after the farm animals with on-call support. I was processing an avalanche of new information, here is a preliminary sample of information and activities to learn about the big guardian dogs: THE BIG DOGS Don't let the big dogs out of the barnyard without their harness and leash Only take out one dog at a time Put the harness on the dog with the coloured strap on top and the buckle on the port side of the dog The dogs are still learning to be relaxed around the chickens and ducks Let them get close...

Comments
Post a Comment