Inspiration - 2023 10 04
Each day starts waking up in the morning. Each day is infinitely unique. Each day calls me to find a new perspective, a new point of view, a new way of looking at things. Each day presents infinite opportunities to rise above the challenges I face. Each day I look for inspiration to find solutions to those challenges for the good of all concerned.
This cat drawing has been pinned to my drawing board for months waiting for it's next layer of colour.
I was out walking my dog last summer and saw this neighbour cat sitting on the bottom step of the front stairs. I said, "Hello, Cat, how is it going?" It turned its gaze to me and looked calmly at both me and the dog. It looked at us with complete ease, while at the same time gathering necessary information and making ready to respond if the situation changed.
I picked up my green pen, the ink was supposed to be archival and waterproof. I used the pen to re-visit the shapes of the cat sitting on the stairs, thinking about the kinetic energy of the cat at rest and also ready to jump if the need arose.
It allowed me to take its picture and I used it's image to explore drawing and painting and finding my way into my own sense of where I am, what are my challenges, and how can I take the next right steps to find solutions for the good of all concerned.
I was thinking about the cat sitting on the bottom step, the last step between the security of the house and shelter, and the adventure of the world, nature, growing things, life in motion. Uncertainty.
Life is difficult. Death is inevitable. In between lies the day ahead. Thank you, Neighbour Cat, for helping me on the way.
This week I have received news of two fragile elders passing in two families, both part of one extended family, all within the same week. I can hear Mom waking up after a good sleep in this morning. I will go pour her tea now.
Comments
Post a Comment