It snowed this morning
My last morning on the farm. I woke up to 2 inches of snow.
One thing I remember as part of my instructions was that the donkeys like to grab a mouthful of hay as you come out of the feed bin, and once they have it, they will follow you to the feeder and not try to break into the feed stall behind your back. I forgot that instruction and was trying to figure out how to lock the feed stall gate as I came out with both arms full of hay. When I remembered, I just let the donkeys get their mouthful and then we all made our way to the feeder together. There were no donkeys left behind trying to get into the feed stall for their mouthful.
Much easier to manage in harmony with the donkey's routine instead of trying to impose a fruitless discipline that actually doesn't improve the process.
Comments
Post a Comment